The IVAPM is always looking for member involvement! There are several committees, all of which contribute to IVAPM’s on-going education, testing and policy development processes and conference participation. From time to time, the board also creates various ad hoc committees to help facilitate specific issues.
If you are interested in volunteering and participating on a committee, please see the contact information below:
- The communications committee works with the Executive Director by providing direction and content assistance for the dissemination of information related to IVAPM business and educational goals for distribution via the electronic newsletter, social media channels, website, member portal, and any other member communications channels as identified.
- Committee Chair: Jennifer F. Johnson
- Contact: Communications@IVAPM.org
- Members: Kirsty Oliver & Stephen Bartlett
- The IVAPM’s certification program was designed to be a challenging and achievable certification program. The certification is awarded to candidates that have met IVAPM’s standards for education, training and experience in interdisciplinary pain management. The program is open to licensed veterinary professionals with a minimum of five years in full time practice and at least two years of clinical experience working with animals in pain. The Committee is split into two subcommittees:
Credentialing Sub Committee:
- Reviews submitting applications and supporting documentation including, but not limited to CE requirements, skills forms and case studies.
- Committee Chair: Carrie Giordano
- Contact: Credentialing@IVAPM.org
- Members: Carie Allred, Mary Ellen Goldberg, Jacqueline Johnson, Sherri Lanning & Puspendra Jha
Examination Sub Committee:
- Develops exam questions, reviews and edits current exam questions to ensure accuracy and appropriate references for questions.
- Committee Chair: Jacqueline Johnson
- Contact: Exam@IVAPM.org
- Members: Mary Ellen Goldberg, Ben Brainard, Thierry Beths, Bernie Hansen, Jen Carter & Mike Dutton
Education, Speakers Bureau & Conferences:
- The Education/Conference Committee promotes the IVAPM by providing pain management-specific continuing education (CE) tracks at select and/or requested Conferences. The education committee identifies and maintains speakers named to the IVAPM speaker’s bureau.
- Committee Chair: Daniel Edge
- Contact: Education@IVAPM.org
- Members: Stephen Cital & Mark Epstein
- The Finance Committee oversees and maintains the financial stability of the Organization.
- Treasurer: Lindsay Fry
- Contact: Info@IVAPM.org
- The Nominating Committee oversees and supervisors the nominating process for incoming Board of Director members.
- Committee Chair: Jim Berry
- Contact: Info@IVAPM.org
Student Chapter Committee:
- The Student chapter committee will liaison between student chapters of the IVAPM at veterinary and technician schools. They will help to organize education and events for chapters and help promote IVAPM membership among all students.
- Committee Chair: Tammy Grubb
- Contact: Students@IVAPM.org
- Members: Sharon Campbell, Kristen Oliver, Anne Jillson & Gwen Francisco