- This event has passed.
IVAPM/VIN Round with Pablo Otero
June 16 @ 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The next IVAPM / VIN Round is taking place on June 16, 2022 at 9:00 PM EST. Join Pablo Otero as they discuss Advanced Techniques for Local and Regional Analgesia.
Session Description of this IVAPM/VIN Round:
Regional anesthesia techniques allow selective desensitization in various areas of the body, reducing the nociceptive response to surgical stimuli and, above all, providing analgesia and comfort during the recovery period. In recent years, the effectiveness of these procedures has been favored by the incorporation of tools such as ultrasonography.
In this session, we will explore the role of ultrasonography as an aid to neurolocalization. We will explore proximal and distal limb blocks and discuss interfascial regional anesthesia techniques. These latest techniques focused on desensitization of the thoracic and abdominal regions.
Objectives of this IVAPM/VIN Round:
- Attendees will become familiar with the ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia techniques.
- Attendees will understand the relevance of regional anesthesia for the perioperative period.
- Our learning objectives will focus on the anatomy and the mechanism of action of the different regional block.
- We will emphasize the study of the sonoanatomy.
- We will present a step-by-step for each technique, conferring doses and volumes of local anesthetics and indications and potential complications.
- The IVAPM/VIN Rounds and Message Board will be powered by VIN, but you do NOT have to be a VIN member to access them.
- If you are new to VIN and do not have a VIN Username and Password you will receive a separate email from VIN with instructions on creating/confirming your username and password. You will use that Username and Password for all IVAPM/VIN Rounds moving forward.
- If you are a VIN Member, please use that username and password to access IVAPM/VIN Rounds
- You will be able to access all of the IVAPM/VIN Rounds HERE .
- If you experience any trouble accessing the IVAPM/VIN Rounds area, please contact VIN’s customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-700-4636 (M-F 8 AM to 5 PM PT) for technical support.
- Please note that IVAPM/VIN Rounds take place outside of VIN’s customer service hours!